2011 Winged Outlaw
1. Single cylinder, two-cycle, single carburetor motorcycle dirt bike engine not to exceed 135cc displacement. Stock OEM Stroke. No slipper clutches.
2. Suggested weight with driver minimum of 350 pounds
3. Minimum age of driver shall be 10 years. Minimum age must be attained by Drivers first entry in NWOK Sanctioned Event.
4. Drivers under the age of 10 may petition the Organization for an exception to this age requirement with the endorsement of their home track promoter. The promoter shall state the abilities and racing history of the petitioner and other factors pertinent to the exception.
1. Single cylinder, two-cycle, single carburetor motorcycle dirt bike engine not to exceed 265cc displacement. Stock OEM Stroke. No slipper clutches. Suggested weight with driver minimum of 420 pounds.
2. Single cylinder 250cc 4-stroke motorcycle dirt bike engine. No overbore. No port angle changes. No welding of ports. Stock OEM Stroke. No slipper clutches. Suggested weight with driver minimum of 420 pounds.
3. Minimum age of driver shall be 14 years. Minimum age must be attained by Drivers first entry in NWOK Sanctioned Event.
4. Drivers under the age of 14 may petition the Organization for an exception to this age requirement with the endorsement of their home track promoter. The promoter shall state the abilities and racing history of the petitioner and other factors pertinent to the exception.
1. Single cylinder, single carburetor two-cycle or four-cycle motorcycle dirt bike engines are accepted that do not exceed 575cc displacement.
2. Suggested weight with driver minimum of 450 pounds.
3. Minimum age of driver shall be 15 years. Minimum age must be attained by Drivers first entry in NWOK Sanctioned Event.
4. Drivers under the age of 15 may petition the Organization for an exception to this age requirement with the endorsement of their home track promoter. The promoter shall state the abilities and racing history of the petitioner and other factors pertinent to the exception.
6. Axle length shall not exceed 40” and shall not protrude past the outside edge of the wheel.
7. Wings* shall be no longer than 48” and no shorter than 37”. Wing width shall be no more than 40” or less than 32”. Exception 500cc Open Class Wing size is non-tech item.
8. Body Pieces including wing, hood, and tailpiece are required
9. Bars, other than regular “nerf” bars may not extend outside the outer edge of the tire. Nerf bars may not extend more than 3” outside the outer edge of the tire.
10. Numbers must be displayed on the left and right side of the wing and tail piece. Wing numbers must be a minimum of 10” and tailpiece numbers must be a minimum of 6”. Numbers must be legible and of a contrasting color to their background. Karts displaying duplicate numbers must add a letter, no smaller than 6” to their identifying number on the wing locations.
11. Organization Sponsor Stickers and or NWOK Sticker, supplied by the organization shall be displayed on the outside right front portion of the vertical component of the wing.
12. “Cow-catcher” type front bumpers are prohibited.
13. Brakes must be in good working order. No right front brake allowed.
14. Safety Harness shall be attached in such a fashion as to restrict driver movement independent of seat movement. The safety harness shall include, at a minimum, a lap belt and shoulder straps.
15. Approved Neck Braces are mandatory.
16. Approved Arm Restrains are mandatory. Arm restraints shall be worn between the wrist and the elbow and attached to the lap belt.
17. Helmets, Full face helmets meeting or exceeding Snell 2000 specifications, (SFI Rating accepted) properly fitted to the drivers head are mandatory.
18. Seats are to be constructed of aluminum and of “high-back” design. Seat back shall reach the middle of the drivers head when the driver is seated in the Kart.
19. A Kill Switch that effectively disables the motor and is installed and within the reach of the driver wearing a tightened safety harness is highly recommended.
20. Chain Guards, designed to protect the driver in the event of a chain failure shall be installed.
21. A Fire Extinguisher, in good working order must be in each racers pit area.
22. No Kart will be permitted to have any part or parts that act as “chassis suspension”.
23. All Karts will be equipped with functional roll cages constructed of suitable material, craftsmanship (no soldering or brazing), and design, to protect the driver in the event the kart departs its normal racing attitude.
24. Fuel: Any commercially available fuel, no methanol, no fuel additives other than commercially available 2 cycle oil for 2 cycle engines only (no nitro, propolyne, benzonate, etc...)
1.00 Any violation of technical rules or equipment shall result in the driver being disqualified from the affected sanctioned race. No points will be awarded.
2.00 Any driver or team, found by a local track to be in violation of technical rule may appeal the decision to the NWOK.
2.10 Any part found to be in technical violation of NWOK rules by local technical inspection, that is subject to appeal by the kart owner, will be initialed by the local promoter (or his representative) and the kart owner. The part will be tagged and forwarded by the promoter to NWOK along with an explanation of deficiency. NWOK will have the part examined, independently, to determine compliance. NWOK is the final authority in issues of appeal.
2.20 If NWOK sustains the finding of the local examination, Section Five, part 1.00 applies.
2.30 If NWOK overrules the finding of local examination, points earned for the affected race will be issued to the driver/owner appealing the initial decision.
3.00 The expense of shipping the questioned part(s) shall be reimbursed to the promoter shipping the affected part by the Kart owner within a reasonable time.
3.10 The expense of simple measurements, weights, etc, performed by NWOK shall be at no charge. If testing for compliance results in extraordinary expense to NWOK the Kart owner will be responsible for that expense.
3.15 If extraordinary expense is involved in NWOK testing, the Kart owner will first be notified and allowed to withdraw his appeal.
3.20 If a kart owner fails to meet the above stated financial obligations in a reasonable time, as determined by NWOK, the owner/driver shall be suspended from NWOK
1. The Sanctioning Organization establishes the following general rules and technical specifications for Winged Outlaw Karts competing in sanctioned races.
2. Frames must be of Kart configuration not to exceed 90” in overall length.
3. No Kart shall weigh in excess of 350 pounds when all fluids are at their recommended peak, with no driver.
4. Amended 1/30/2011: All NWOK classes will run treaded tires on all 4 corners. Treaded tires may be of any brand (ie...Hoosier, Burris, Rocketboy, etc...). The right front, left front and left rear may be of any compound or brand, so long as they are treaded tires. Each individual track will decide their tire rule for the RR only. The RR may be any brand, but the track will decide if they want the compound of the RR to be open (run any compound), or have the 50 or 55 stamp.