IN CONSIDERATION of my minor child being permitted in RACING PROGRAMS, to enter for any purposes the RESTRICTED AREA (herein defined as, including but not limited to the racing surface, pit areas, infield, burn out area, approach area, shut down area, and all walkways, concessions, and other appurtenant areas where any activity related to the event shall take place or where special authorization, permission, or credentials are required or where admittance to the general public is restricted or prohibited), or to compete, officiate, observe, work for or for any purpose participate in any way in the event, I agree:
1. I know the nature of the EVENT(S) and the Minor’s experience and capabilities, and believe the Minor to be qualified to participate in the Event(s). I will inspect the premises, facilities, and equipment to be used or with which the Minor may come in contact. IF I OR THE MINOR BELIEVE ANYTHING IS UNSAFE, I WILL INSTRUCT THE MINOR TO IMMEDIATELY LEAVE THE RESTRICTED AREA AND REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE FURTHER IN THE EVENT(S).
2. I FULLY UNDERSTAND and will instruct the Minor that: (a) THE ACTIVITIES OF THE EVENT(S) ARE VERY DANGEROUS and participation in the Event(s) and/or entry into Restricted Areas involve RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS AND DEATH (“RlSKS”); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by the Minor’s own actions, or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Event(s), the rules of the Event(s), the condition and layout of the premises and equipment, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” NAMED BELOW; (c) there may be OTHER RISKS NOT KNOWN TO ME or that are not readily foreseeable at this time; (d) THE SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES and/or damages that could result from those Risks COULD BE SEVERE AND COULD PERMANENTLY CHANGE THE MINOR’S FUTURE.
3. I consent to the Minor’s participation in the Event(s) and/or entry into Restricted Areas and HEREBY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, AND ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE LOSSES, COSTS AND/OR DAMAGES FOLLOWING SUCH INJURY, DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, OR DEATH, EVEN IF CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” NAMED BELOW.
4. I HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the promoters, participants, racing associations, sanctioning organizations or any subdivision thereof, track operators, track owners, officials, car owners, drivers, pit crews, rescue personnel, any persons in any Restricted Area, sponsors, advertisers, owners, and lessees of PREMISES used to conduct the event, premises or event inspectors, surveyors, underwriters, consultants and other persons or entities who give recommendations, directions, or instructions or engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the premises or EVENT(S), and each of them, their officers, directors, agents, and employees, all for the purposes herein referred to as “RELEASEES,” FROM ALL LIABILITY TO ME, THE MINOR, my and the Minor’s personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON ACCOUNT OF ANY INJURY, including, but not limited to, death or damage to property, CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” OR OTHERWISE.
5. If, despite this release, I, the Minor, or anyone on the Minor’s behalf makes a claim against any of the “Releasees” named above, I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees and each of them from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost they may incur due to the claim made against any of the “Releasees” named above, whether the claim is based on the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise.
6. I sign this agreement on my own behalf and on behalf of the Minor.
I HAVE READ THIS PARENTAL CONSENT, RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT BY SIGNING IT I GIVE UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS I AND/OR THE MINOR WOULD OTHERWISE HAVE TO RECOVER DAMAGES FOR LOSSES OCCASIONED BY THE RELEASEES’ FAULT, AND SIGN IT VOLUNTARILY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND FOR IT TO BE ENFORCED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
Signature of Parent or Legal Guardian Printed Name of Parent or Legal Guardian Date
Signature of Witness Printed Name of Witness Date
Name of Minor Participant NWOK Membership Number